I am often asked about vegan meal ideas, but most commonly I am asked about breakfast foods in particular. These days, people are going, going, going. So many people don’t even eat breakfast because they “don’t have time”. Well, here I am, once again, to save the day!
I came up with 3 quick breakfast meals that can be put together quickly and even taken on the go, if needed.
This is the simplest one, and quite honestly my go-to breakfast! Just split the bagel (make sure it is vegan!) in half, toast it for a couple of minutes, then top it with some vegan cream cheese, or butter, or almond butter… or whatever you feel like. I like to also pair it with some fresh fruit.
- Bagel of your choice
- Topping(s) of your choice
**I used a cinnamon raisin bagel and Tofutti cream cheese here
- Open bagel
- Toast in the toaster for 1-2 minutes
- Top with your favorites and ENJOY!
2. Overnight Oats
Will makes these so often that I had to get his recipe so that I could share it with you all; so he gets credit here! These take a couple minutes of prep work the night before, but they are ready to eat as soon as you get up in the morning, right out of the fridge! You can mix this up any way you want! (p.s. keep an eye out for a whole post on several different ways to make these coming soon!)
This makes 2-3 servings… and what is so great about overnight oats is that you can pop them back in the fridge and enjoy them later. They are good for about 3 days in the fridge, so really, this could be breakfast for 3 days!
*Warming the peanut butter is important for it to mix in.
Servings : 2-3
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup peanut butter – soft (microwaved for about 45 seconds)
- 1 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pour all the ingredients into a medium/large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4+ hours (or overnight)
3. Tofu Salad Sandwiches
This one takes the most effort (which is still minimal), but like the overnight oats, it’s mainly all the night before. In the morning, all you have to do is toast up your bread and plate it!
Tofu is such a good scrambled egg replacement. You can even add in the smallest dash of turmeric or even a little yellow food coloring, if you want that classic yellow tint that scrambled eggs have, but it’s totally not necessary either. If you
like liked egg salad, you’ll love this!
- 1 block firm tofu – pressed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp onion – finely diced
- 2 tbsp celery – finely diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp dill relish
- Once tofu is pressed, crumble up the tofu with your hands or a fork.
- Heat oil over medium heat
- When the oil is hot, add in the tofu and salt and pepper (tumeric/coloring now, if using) and mix in
- Continue to pan fry and “scramble” the tofu for about 10 minutes, flipping and mixing often.
- Remove from heat and pour the cooked tofu into a mixing bowl
- Add in the mayo, onion, celery, and relish and stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour +
- Serve on toasted bread and ENJOY!