You can whip up this mouthwatering vegan macaroni and cheese in under 15 minutes with just 4 ingredients!
An 8oz bag of (Daiya) non-dairy cheddar shreds, a tablespoon of non-dairy milk, 4 tablespoons of vegan butter, and 2 cups of macaroni noodles is all the ingredients you’ll need to make this cheesy and tasty masterpiece that we like to call macaroni and cheese!
You are welcome to try other brands of vegan cheeses, but I find that the Daiya “Melt Stretch” options work best here.
You can start off with boiling your macaroni noodles until it’s ‘al dente’ (aka: firm to the bite, aka: however long the box says). Drain the noodles and set aside.
While the noodles are cooking, in a small saucepan, melt the butter. Then, stir in the tablespoon of milk. Pour in the bag of Daiya cheese and stir, stir, stir until smooth (about 8 minutes). You do not want this to stick or burn to the bottom of the pan. Once the cheese sauce is smooth and your noodles are cooked and drained, remove the cheese from heat, add the noodles back to their pot, and mix in the cheese sauce until all the noodles are evenly coated. Plate, salt and pepper if you’d like, then bask in this cheesy delight!
Quick and Easy Vegan Mac&Cheese
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 8oz bag of Daiya cheddar shreds
- Cook and drain the noodles according to the box/bag instructions
- While the noodles are cooking, melt your butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat
- Add in the milk and cheese, turn the heat down to medium low, and stir constantly until smooth (about 8 minutes).
- When the noodles and cheese are done, return the noodles back to their pot and stir in the cheese until all the noodles are coated in cheese. Salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!