Do you know that green smoothies don’t have to actually be green? Of course they don’t! Green smoothies are an easy and tasty way to get your raw greens in, along with those energy-boosting fruits! . Here are 3 of my favorite, yet simple, green smoothie recipes that will put a pep in your step and in your taste buds!
All you have to do is combine all the ingredients for each smoothie into a blender and blend them until they are a nice, creamy, smoothie consistency. Pour into a glass and enjoy how tasty and energizing they are! These are absolutely perfect for this heat and humidity coming this summer!
*The milk and water in these recipes are interchangeable, except for the strawberry banana.
* Make sure to remove any large stems from the kale/greens before putting them into the blender
*If you only have fresh fruit, you can add in a few pieces of ice
3 Easy “Green” Smoothies
Prep time: 5 minutes each
Servings: 1 each
- “Berry Green” Smoothie
- 1 cup mixed greens (I used a Spring Mix of baby lettuce, baby greens, endive, and radicchio)
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk / water
- Strawberry-Banana Green Smoothie
- 1 cup kale
- 1 1/2 cup frozen strawberry and bananas
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- “Power” Green Smoothie
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 3/4 cup frozen peaches
- 2 tbsp hemp/chia/flax seed mix (Badia Trilogy)
- 3/4 cup water
- Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into a cup and ENJOY and ENERGIZE