I don’t think this needs much explanation because zucchini is delicious, so of course if you fry it, it only gets better! These are so super easy and absolutely scrumptious!
First you just cut up your zucchinis in fry-like shapes, as symmetrical as you can. I cut each zucchini into thirds, length wise, then cut them into fry slices from there (just like you would cut a potato to make french fries).
Then in a medium bowl, you add your non-dairy milk. In a larger bowl, mix in the flour, bread crumbs, and seasonings together. I used whole wheat flour, because I think it taste best this way, but whatever flour you have should work too.
Heat about 1/2-1″ of oil in a saute pan on medium high until oil is ready for frying (there are lots of ways to do this; test one and see if it rises and bubbles rapidly, splash a little water on it and see if it pops back, use a oil/candy thermometer, etc.). You just want to be sure the oil is hot enough, or these will just be a soggy mess, but at the same time… PLEASE don’t burn down your house.
Dip each zucchini fry into the milk, then into the flour mixture, then into the hot oil. Fry each side until golden and crispy (about 5 minutes per side). When the fries are ready, lay down some paper towels to soak up the excess oil from the zucchini fries. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, carefully remove the fries from the oil and place onto the paper towels. Sprinkle them with some salt and ENJOY!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 3-4 side servings
- 2 medium-large zucchinis
- 1 1/2- 2 cups of non dairy milk
- 2 cups of whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Frying oil
- Cut your zucchini into fry-like pieces, as evenly as you can.
- Put the milk into one bowl, and mix the flour, bread crumbs, and seasonings together in a separate bowl. Heat oil until it’s around 375°F
- Dip each zucchini piece into the milk, then the flour mix, then into the hot oil.
- Fry each side of the zucchini fries until they are crispy and golden brown (about 5 minutes per side). Remove from the oil and lay them on a paper/kitchen towel. Salt and serve!