I will start this by saying that this is not sweet cornbread. Will does not like sweet cornbread, and would probably prefer if I didn’t add any sugar to it, BUT you can easily just add an extra tbsp or 2 to make it that southern, sweet, cornbread, if that’s what you like. The extra sugar won’t hurt anything and the cornbread will come out the same, except sweeter!
On that note though, this has been my staple cornbread recipe for a while now. I never measured anything before I decided I just had to share this recipe for the world. So, I made an excuse to make these with dinner so I could get all the measurements, just for you!
With just a few ingredients, you too can whip up these delicious corn bread muffins! Once your oven is preheated to 425°F, you want to make 1 flax egg and set it to the side to get “egg-like”. While the flax egg is forming, you can simply mix all the rest of the ingredients (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, non-dairy milk, and oil) in a large mixing bowl and mix until just combined. Then add in the flax egg. You want it all wet and combined, but with some small clumps left.
After that, you either want to grease your muffin pan or insert your muffin liners (Is that what they are called?). Fill each spot about halfway and bake them for 10 minutes. Top with some butter, or whatever it is you like on your corn bread and chow down!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2 1/2 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Make the flax egg by combining the ground flaxseed and water into a bowl and setting it to the side for about 5 minutes
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add in the flax egg. Mix until just combined
- Oil pan or insert muffin liners
- Fill each tin about half way and bake for 10 minutes
- Top with butter, or whatever your heart desires, and ENJOY!