This is going to be a quick and easy, but perfected buttermilk biscuit recipe. These things are so simple, with just a few ingredients, but are better than any other vegan biscuits I’ve ever had! I have to give credit where it’s due. This is actually Will’s recipe. Whenever we have these, I always make him make them, but he taught me this time. Probably so I’ll start doing it, but whatever, lol.
First off, You want to put a stick (or 1/2 a cup) of butter in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This just helps evenly distribute the butter. (but if you don’t have the time, it’s okay; just cut it in really well). While the butter is hardening in the freezer, you want to make your “buttermilk” by putting 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a cup of almond milk and letting that sit until it curdles (about 5 minutes).
Now, preheat your oven to 400°F. Then, in a large mixing bowl, you just need to put the self-rising flour (I HIGHLY suggest White Lilly for this recipe) in and cut in the butter. Then add the buttermilk in and mix well.
Then, you just need to flour a flat surface and fold the dough over a few times to create a bit of “flakiness”, then roll it it out to about 3/4″-1″ thick and cut out your biscuits.
Bake on a baking sheet for about 25 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned. Brush with some melted vegan butter and there you have it!
Vegan Buttermilk Biscuits
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups White Lilly Self-Rising Flour
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) Vegan Butter
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- *optional 1 tbsp vegan butter to top
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Put the butter in the freezer and let harden for about 10 minutes
- While the butter is sitting, put the almond milk in a small bowl and add the apple cider vinegar to it and allow it to curdle for about 5 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour and cut in the butter
- Add the milk/vinegar mixture to the flour and butter and mix well.
- Flour your surface and fold dough a few times, then roll it out to about 3/4″-1″ thick
- Cut out biscuit shape
- On a baking sheet, lay down some parchment paper and transfer the biscuits onto it and bake for about 25 minutes
- Brush with melted vegan butter and ENJOY!